1. Make your bed, you know the feeling you get after coming home from an exhausting day at work to walk into the bedroom and seeing that you didn’t make your bed. LOUSY, that’s how you feel. My mom always made her bed before leaving the bedroom.
2. Manage Clutter… when leaving a room, take a quick look around for anything that isn’t where it ought to be. Pick it up and put it in the right spot.
3. Don’t let mail pile up. open it, read it and sort it as soon as you bring it into the house.
4. Track expenses, If you’re on a budget, carry a notebook and write down what you spend as you spend it.
5. Clean as you cook, I have always done this, run a sink of hot, soapy water and clean the stove and articles that you don’t need anymore, that will help when it comes time to cleaning up after dinner.
6. Wipe up spills when they are fresh, ever tried to get something out of a pan that if you had soaked in hot water would almost be clean when you are finished? Yep, and I hate it.
7. Make your lunch or the kids lunch at night and the coffee for in the morning. It is so nice not to have to run around in the morning doing these chores.
8. Sweep the floor, every night after you are done with the dishes sweep the floor and if you see any spots wipe them up.
9. Plan your outfits, again if you have to do this in the morning sometimes you just don’t have the time. If it helps, set out your weeks worth of clothes on Sunday, iron what is needed and forget about it.
10. List tomorrows to-do’s, ever try to go to sleep with a million things running through your head? Might as well give in and write them down; I can promise you will go to sleep faster.
Okay now we all know this is in a slightly perfect world but if we even adapted most of these our lives would be much less stressed out.
Hope these hints helped, Martha Stewart and I composed them.